For August, we have SIX free cowl patterns that you can knit. Pick one or two, or knit them all! They are:
1. Oats by Tin Can Knits
2. Just Try It by Susan Ashcroft
3. Convertible Biking Cowl by Cris Dvic (can be knitted in a solid color, no image)
4. Cable and Seed (Giselle adapted my hat pattern from a few months ago to a cowl)
5. Simple Yet Effective by Tin Can Knits
6. Mistake Rib Cowl by Purl Soho
You can go to the links above or pick up a printed copy at the August meeting. All of the patterns use worsted weight yarn, and you should generally be fine with US 7 or 8 (4.5-5 mm) 16 inch circular needles. If you don't have enough of one color, you could colorblock or stripe and use up some leftovers.
In addition, we received a large yarn donation from Sister Carmen, so come and stock up for future Community Knitting projects!
Hope to see you there.